Friday, April 29, 2011

Group ride

I learned a few things Thursday night at the Simply Mac group ride.

First- When 4 or 5 guys from another bike shop show up to ride IT"S ON.
Second- One sandwich for Lunch is not enough 6 hours later.
Third- I can't ride at 35 mph
Fourth- I don't ride hard enough during the week to keep up when it's all out right from the start.
Fifth- Don't play flag football all day before doing the group ride.

However, the ride was still a good ride. After getting kick out the back four of us (Doug, myself and two other simple mac guys) took a shortcut and worked hard enough not to get caught. It was a good ride, but now I know that I'm not as young as I once was.

1 comment:

Doug said...

I looked on my computer when we got home, and my max speed was 36.8mph on the flat. Crazy fast. We still had a good ride.