Sunday, December 19, 2010

Last crash of the year!

Saturday was the last Cross race of the season, even though it should have been over at nationals. I really didn't want to race but I went anyway. When I raced this was all snow and slush. I was chasing back hard after I dropped my chain. I cooked this corner to fast and my front wheel slide out and a smashed my left shoulder into the ground. I thought I could continue but quickly realized that wasn't going to happen. I drove back to Ogden and went to the emergency room and had an x-ray done. I was diagnosed with a class 3 shoulder separation, and a crack in my hip from a previous weeks crash, thats why my hip hurt so much at Nationals and on the drive. Its time to put the cx bikes up and heal my old body.
Cx this year has been alot of fun and stress as well. There are so many factors that can effect your race, many out of your control. I'm looking forward to a break. We are going to start some winter rides in Jan. so get ready. Ride safe Doug

No comments: