Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2010 Nationals

For some reason Blogger won't up load anymore pictures. I'll try with more after I post. This is what the course looked like at 8:30 in the morning. Icey, wet and muddy. This was ice I was on here and then you turn left on to a grass mud bog. It was very hard to ride fast. This is one of the steep run/ride ups. No one could ride it this part of the week but as the course changed most rode it in the elite race.
The lovely stair run up, 26 stairs 2 at a time makes for a tough climb after a few times up.


Here I am finishing in 8th. I rode as hard as I could and even though I was disappointed, I thought I was going to win, I did the best I could.

I prepared for a year and felt good about the effort. My bike was perfect, conditions were tough, but not unrideable. The thing about age group racing is that there is always younger guys coming up. I beat everyone that beat me last year, except the winner but there were new fast guys that turned 60. All in all it was a great experience. It is alot of work and getting everyones equipment there, finding housing, food, travel and the race. This was my shot as none of us are going to Madison Wis next year. Now I hope to have some fun on the bikes and enjoy some other physical challenges, (Ogden Marathon/Boston Marathon). Enjoyed hanging out with alot a great people and learned a ton. Hope to see you on the road. Ride safe. Doug

1 comment:

Bubba said...

That's about the easiest course I have ever seen! Nice job Pop!