Saturday, December 25, 2010

The good and the bad of 2010


In the words of Charles Dickens 2010 “was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” As the end of the year approaches I have been reminiscing on this year in cycling, the good and the bad.

Good: I had a good year racing in the crits. I won three races and moved up to the A group (we will see how it goes next year in that group).

Bad: I wasn’t able to ride Lotoja! It was a sad realization that I would not be able to do it this year. There were a few reasons as to why not, but just wasn’t able to this year. The week leading up to the race I was a wreck. I was more nervous not riding, then riding. Glad it went well for everyone who finished this year.

Good: I was able to race a cyclocross race. I was battling for first when I went down.

Bad: I crashed and busted my rims and didn’t get to race again. After the crash and wait for the new rim I burned out. My desire to kill myself was lost.

Good: Been taking a break from training real hard.

Bad: My desire to start training again has not returned. Enjoying my leisurely pace.

Good: Got my first cell phone this year. Hard to believe, but yes I did.

Bad: Sent my first text message. Now they keep coming.

Good: Doug had a great season, winning the Utah Cyclocross championship for his age.

Bad: All his crashes! Heal up soon.

Good: Didn’t have to ride over 2 and a half hours all summer. I got to on a few occasions, but not very often. This helped my training for the crits.

Bad: Signing up to ride the Seattle to Portland 200 mile race. Need to get my distance legs back a little.

It has been a good year overall. Can't wait to see what next year brings. Life just seems to balance out - Yin and Yang.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in for seattle to portland. Just wondering if we should come early and ride or stay after and ride.

Bubba said...

I don't know that far in. As of right now either works for us.