Monday, November 01, 2010

We All Suck at Blogging!

We have not been very good about updating the blog. We all need to get it in gear. Cyclocross season is half over and no posts. I then realized we didn't have one post on Lotoja, bad. So alittle update.

This weekend was halloween cross. Our friend Mark ready to rock and roll.
This was one of the most unique racers.

Daren has been tearing up the master's 45 this year. He flew through this difficult sand path. Notice you can't even see anyone chasing. He went on to another hard, but big victory. Sunday?

Daren is one of the best technical riders in any category. Last turn for Daren before the finish.


This is the start of my masters 55 race. My good buddy Bob Walker next to me, and the facial hair is not a costume.

This is me in chase mode.

Bob and I were flying and as we came out of the sand pit there is a steep hill to the bridge. I was so concentrated that I didn't shift down and as I tried to them power up the hill my chain broke! After a few attempts to put it back on, not noticing that it was broken I had to go to the pit and get my back up bike and start chasing. By this time about 6 guys had passed me.

I passed a few and got back to 4th on the day, my worst finish. I was a bit down after the race. This is what makes cyclocross so hard is feeling great and really going good then a mechanical this week gets me, crashes other weeks. It is a hard. Last year I didn't have as many issues so I hope it will make me stronger for Nationals.
Tanner I'm sorry I have no pictures this week as we had to get home before his race. He was going great but had a crash and bent his rear derailleur but finished strong.

This is really Lotoja 2010, we really did ride it. I think, it seems so long ago now.

Our ever faithful support crew. We even talked Bonnie into letting Kim ride the last 30 miles with us, it was great to have Kim back in the group.

It was one of the best rides we have had. Great weather, nice south wind and we had a great rotation going. We were always pulling a big group but as long as they didn't get in the way it was fine.
Post race in the weeds, easier than trying to get a shot with all the people.

Items of note: 1. Adam and Mindy won the fun ride tandem race.
2. Russ is writing a new training manual for lotoja, it will be very short though.
3. Kim riding the last section with us was a great lift and very special.
4. We picked up a great rider about half way through. Steve works with Kim
and Rick at Specialized. He really help us in the end.


Another one in the books, my 7th and Adam, Kim and Russ's 8th. It was strange not having Brady with us but times and life change. Thanks for all the help from our crews and families.
Ride Safe Doug

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Sorry about the chain! No fun. Especially when you are feeling so good. I didn't want to call anyone out, but I have been waiting a while for some Lotoja love!