Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Crash

I didn't race last week do to my numerous crashes and it was Russ b-day party. I didn't go to his party as Darth Maul (check Mindy's facebook page to see that costume), because he did. However, I did go work as the dark Jedi. I won the best costume prize and got a pumkine pie for my efforts.





I no longer call it cross, but go to the lead and crash season. Cross I mean crash has been fun, yet painful. After two races I have crashed 5 times. I have a messed up thumb, scrapes and scratches on both knees, hips, shoulders, back, and elbows. The only problem is I have to admit that the last 4 were high risk bunny-hops in an effort to get back to the lead after dropping my chain. I was going to post pics, but my mom didn't want me to (she had no desire to see my hip/ back side). Although, I have spent time on the ground this season I atleast finished a race. I finished with a flat front tire, but for me that is only normal. I'm planning to race on the 13th, but I have not be on a bike for a week so I'll make that call on the 11th around 9:30 pm.

2 comments:

Bubba said...

That is an awesome costume! You should have raced the "crash" cross race dressed like that.

Doug said...

Sutt, that costume makes me nervous to ride with you. Super cool.