Thursday, May 06, 2010

Cross is never over

Welcome to our Rocky Mountain CX Course. This is the 25 tree weave with 6 curbs to bunny hops. This is the side hill weave, that long grass makes this tough.

The old guy finishing the trees.

Adam on his new cx bike looking smooth.


Tight turn practice.


Adam over the barriers.


We even have a sand pit to mess you up.

Our course is 1.3 miles long and our fastest hot lap today was 5:24. It has been a blast. We have to watch for kids and school buses some, but not bad. It is really a tough lap with the long grass being a killer. We then do a technique lap and Adam and I have decided we can't remount without a hop, sorry Daren. The weather has really made it seem like cross season.
Hope you are are well and getting in some riding. I've tried the facebook thing and am not that sold. Hopefully we can make a few more regular posts.
Doug

2 comments:

Daren said...

I need to give some lessons. No hoping while re-mounting is allowed this year. I will heckle you endlessly if you can't do it. Tanner figured it out on the first day over barriers, so you can as well.

Bubba said...

I don't think my principal would let me do that one. Maybe next year I might have more say. I hop out of habit. Tanner must be a cyclocross prodigy. Maybe some day I will finally get it right. I only raced a few times though last year, but hope to do more this next year.