Thursday, December 17, 2009

Some National Pictures

Our home away from home. It worked great! It just needed heat.
Tanner killing it. Little did he know that a crash had left his rear brake engaged.
Tanner trying to keep it upright on a tricky descent.
Stair climbing anyone?
Daren hopping a bunny, great skills!
Daren's in there at the mad house first turn, crazy!
I'm nervously awaiting the start.
Not my best start. I couldn't get clipped in and needed to be three bike lengths up.
This is what the course conditions were like.
The course was icy, snowy and challenging. You make a 180 at the bottom hoping to keep it upright.
The ledge ride up. The ledge was bigger to my left.
My 5th place podium award ceremony! I was pretty happy. We are all home now and unpacked. It was quite an adventure. I don't think I have been that nervous for along time. Not just for the race but packing the right gear, getting things packed, driving, weather, course conditions, not crashing, bike breakdowns, disappointments, freezing and also alot of fun and personal satification. It was great to be with my brother and nephew and Rico and Jana. We met many great people, and maybe we'll do it again? Ride safe. Doug











No comments: