Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Last Crit




Well, it was the last crit of the year. I attacked to try and get a breakaway started and push the pace. The first attack me and another guy broke away, but he died out and I ended up pulling for 5 laps before they finally caught us. The second attack I got four riders. Only one of them would pull. One guy even told me he wouldn't pull, he said he was "riding for his team." It was frustrating, I guess that is why people join teams. With 2km to go I decided for one last try to attack, but got caught with 1/2 a km to go and ended up taking 6th. Avery got to ride in her first road race. She had fun, but got tired riding the 2 km's.

I wanted to ride the Eugene Celebration this year because it was before Lotoja. It is a four stage, three day stage race. I wanted to ride the Sat. road race, but it was $80 for all three days and they wouldn't let me ride only one day. So I was a little disappointed, but it keeps me fresh for Lotoja. It was a good year, and I learned a lot more about racing. I know I need to be more patient before I attack.

4 days to Lotoja! Hope were all ready.

Talk to you all later,
Bubba

No comments: