Monday, August 28, 2006

Eugene Crit Update

Well, I am finally updating from last Tues. I have been trying to ride as much as possible over last two weeks. I have been riding twice a week with a local group, who kick my rear end. So when last weeks crit came along I was pretty beat. A group of four riders took off early and got a good lead. No one wanted to pull them back in, and their teams sat at the front and kept the pace slow. I wasted a lot of energy pulling them back. My friend Jeremy was racing in his second crit and he felt pretty good. Into the last corner he was in the lead. He stood up to pedal in the last corner to early and his back tire went out from him, and he hit his pedal on the ground in his down stroke. Needless to say the fall was pretty. He hit pretty hard. I didn't see him do it but had to swerve to miss him and got stuck behind someone whose chain came off. I finished the race 7th. Jeremy is sore but alright. He hurt his hip and neck. He does have some nice cuts and bruises to go with it.

We have the last crit of the summer on Tues. and a road race on Sat. I will let you know how they go.

Bub

No comments: