Friday, August 11, 2006

Oregon Update

It has been a while since I have updated. Thanks for the rides in Utah. The 100 mile (excuse me 92.2 mile) ride was a lot of fun. Here are the winners:

White Jersey (Oldest rider and being able to hang with 30 year olds): Doug
Green Jersey (for chasing the Ogden 1 rider down the hill/flats): Sutt
Polka Dot Jersey (or otherwise known as the stupidity award): Bubba
Most Improved Rider (and a welcomed guest to the Lotoja team): Robbie

It was good to be back racing this Tuesday. I tried to make a break with another guy with 9 km laps to go. I pulled out hard and sprinted a lap and turned to the guy to take a turn and pull, but he said he couldn't. I held the breakaway for about 4 laps, then knew I couldn't hold it for 5 more laps by myself. It took a lot of my energy, and ended finishing 3rd. On the plus side, I was the overall points winner for the July crits! I guess it pays to be consistant.

No comments: