Saturday, September 30, 2006

Not so Good Day at the Races

I did the first cyclocross race of the season. It was not a good showing for big D. I was out of town all week on business and was feeling my lack of sleep and over-eating. In addition, I've got a little bit of a cold.

The cross course at the Olympic Sports Park is brutal when you have a bad day. It is very moutain bike like and I might race my MTB there the next time. It has a steep, long climb each lap as you drop down below the ski jump.

In an effort to search for the positives in life, here's what I've come up with for last night's race. Due to darkness, the race was only 30 minutes. I got lapped just before the leaders started their last lap thus eliminating one lap for me. I wasn't dead last. Chris Pietrzak on my team won impressively. I was able to chear Chris on as he passed me. I did well on the barriers. There are more races.

Tanner and I are planning on racing in Ogden next Saturday. AT, you should do it. We could probably get my old cross bike together. You should do the next race at the Olympic Sport Park on your MTB.

Daren

No comments: