Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Stage 3

Some significant events today. Daren and Doug lost Valverde and had to go to their reserves. For those that have McEwen, the loss of his lead out man, Fast Freddy, will hurt McEwen's chances to win stages. Still no KOM points for anyone. We probably won't have any points for some time.

Kim went from 1st to last on GC today, Lang had a difficult day. Daren and Brady now lead the Green Jersey comp (as it should be). Shouldn't be much change tomorrow on GC unless more crashes take out people. The sprinters should have a good day tomorrow. The time trial is looming and will cause the first big shake up.


General Classification (Yellow): Hours
1 Team Doug 74.3886
2 Team Brady 74.3906
3 Team Russ 74.3908
4 Team Daren 74.3919
5 Team Tanner 74.3978
6 Team Adam 74.4044
7 Team Robbie 74.4072
8 Team Kim 74.4117


Points Competition (Green):Points
1 Team Daren 132
2 Team Brady 132
3 Team Kim 127
4 Team Doug 127
5 Team Adam 127
6 Team Russ 108
7 Team Robbie 108
8 Team Tanner 105

2 comments:

Daren said...

By the way, we had a really nice MTB ride yesterday. Doug, Adam, Tanner and I did the Wheeler Canyon - Snowbasin loop. It was 3 hours of fun. Tanner was a stud and stayed with us the whole way. Doug set the pace on the climbs and we enjoyed the views. Doug only ended up in the little creek once and had no lasting damage. He's coming around to this MTB thing.

On the race front. I struggled a bit on Saturday but managed a 5th. I crashed twice but didn't get hurt. In the Intermountain Cup series, I'm sitting second in the 40 + Experts in points (If your interested in seeing the standings, go to Intermountaincup.com). There are 4 more races and I plan to do 3 of them. Your top 9 races count of the total points and I have 7 in the books. I'm going to focus on these last races and try to move up in the points. If I have 3 great races, I might win the overall points. The only bad thing is the final race of the series is the same day as the Family Reunion. The race is double points, so I need to race it. However, that will make me late to the reunion.

In order to focus on the I-Cup races, I'm not racing the NORBA National Saturday at Deer Valley. I really would like to race it, but I'm very tired and need a recovery week.

Tanner continues to race and improve each week. It's been a blast to have him along this year.

Later,

Daren

Bubba said...

I wish I could have been there for the mtb ride. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. It is good to hear that Tanner-man is doing well with his riding.

Good luck on the upcoming races. I hope it goes well.

Bub