Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Double Win

A good day on the MTB for the Cottle's yesterday. Tanner won the 13 - 15 Beginner class and I won the 40+ expert. With last week's relay win, that brings our house-hold win total to 4 over the last two weeks. No wins for years, now four. Go figure.

We raced 32 miles west of Wendover. It was at pretty high elevation, but still very hot. The course had a ton of climbing and was very hard. T and I both had good days and won by wide margins. I dug very deep and was a sad looking puppy at the end. It took a good hour to be able to stand without getting dizzy. For a while I thought Tanner would have to drive home. My AT heart rate is about 160 and I averaged 159 for 2 hours and 35 minutes. I guess you could say I went hard the whole time.

With one race to go in the intermountain cup series, I'm now in 1st place on points. I guess I really need to do the last race on the 12th because it is double points. If I finish no worse than one place behind the guy in 2nd, I should win the overall. Hopefully, I can get another win. I think it is a good course for me - long, fast, hard and no long climbs.

Tanner has realized huge improvement this year. Early in the year, he could hardly ride a course like Saturday's, let alone race it. He road hard for an hour and 20 minutes and felt good. It's cool to see him become a mountain biker and that we can ride together and have fun. (He said I had to mention that he won by 20 minutes just because it's cool.)

Looks like I'll miss Brady entirely. Kind of a bummer, I was hoping to get at least one ride in with him. I guess I'll just watch him from the car at LoToJa.

Later,

DC

No comments: