Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Let's Play Fantasy Tour

Hey guys,

Let's do a fantasy Tour de France. Here's how it might work. There are 3 classifications. You would pick 5 riders for GC (Yellow), 2 for sprint (Green) and 2 for climbers (Polkadots). For GC, we would use the total time of the 5, for srints and climbers, we would use the total points. At the end, we would assign points for our relative placing in each of the three classifications. If your rider doesn't complete the race, they would get the time of the slowest rider for GC and no points for sprints or climbers. If we wanted, we could also have a reserve list to substitute if a rider gets injured of drops out. I would be the score keeper and would post updates every few days.

Let me know what you think. Since Sutt is out of town until Saturday, we could have a Sunday night deadline for team submission (you get the first two stages free). You have to come up with a team name as well. I think it would be fun.

I survived the White Rim Trail with my Teachers and Priests. It turned out to be a very good experience. We made in 3 days rather than the 4 we had planned. It was very hot and a real challenge for them. It was stressful for me, but pretty good overall. Tanner rode really well and had a great time.

I just about won a race at Sherwood Hills a week and a half ago. I battled with another guy the whole race. I lead the first lap and then he pulled away for two. On the last lap, I caught him at the base of the last climb and thought I had it. However, he put the hammer down and I blew. However, it was my second, 2nd place this year on the MTB. Doug and Robbie road up and it was great to have them there. Tanner raced and continues to improve.

I raced the RMR Crit last night in 100 degree heat. It was very fast and hard for me. My throat still hurts from being so hot and dry. I actually had a good race. I worked really hard in the last few laps to close down some gaps for my teammate Eric then hung on to the group for the sprint. Eric got boxed in a bit but still finished 5th.

Good job on the race, Bub. That's really cool to make the break.

Bub, how do you post pictures? Let me know and I'll put some up from our White Rim Trail trip.

5 comments:

Daren said...

We could do a draft, but we'd have to get everyone together on Sunday night. Otherwise, you would just pick your team with the possibility of duplication.

Daren

Bubba said...

I think either way would work well, draft or have duplicates. We could set a time up on Sunday to do a draft, maybe around 9:00 (your time). How would we decide who goes first? Pull a number out of a hat? I think it will be fun.

To add pictures I have to go to blogger.com, then add it to a new post. I don't know how to add pictures as a contributor, I will look into it and let you know.

Good job on your races!

Bub

Bubba said...

I think either way would work well, draft or have duplicates. We could set a time up on Sunday to do a draft, maybe around 9:00 (your time). How would we decide who goes first? Pull a number out of a hat? I think it will be fun.

To add pictures I have to go to blogger.com, then add it to a new post. I don't know how to add pictures as a contributor, I will look into it and let you know.

Good job on your races!

Bub

Bubba said...

Sorry, my computer went weird and Sutt accidently sent it twice.

Daren said...

I'll be a Doug's tonight (I get to go to the Dentist). We'll talk and come up with a plan for Sunday. I'll let you know.

By the way, check out Velonews.com, Ulrich and Basso and a bunch of others are out of the Tour. They were named in the Spanish Inquisition blood doping scandal. Things will get really interesting now....