Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Eugene Crit

Well, I finally got a chance to race in my first crit of the year. It was a cold, cloudy, and windy day, but it was fun to be out there. The group stayed together for most of the race, without anyone breaking away. The course is a 1 km loop and the cat 4/5’s do 25 laps. I tried to stay up in the front without having to work to hard pulling. Overall I finished 9th out of 30+ people. I finished with the time of just over 39 minutes. My average speed was 25.5 mph and I had an average heart rate of 164. Maybe someday I will get some power and pull away on the sprint – I doubt it! But it’s still fun to go out and ride.

Bub

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the race. That's about the same speed the 4/5's go around here.

No luck on the stem. I don't have any 31.8's in my personal pile of parts. Kim might be able to hook you up. If not, an Easton EA70 via mail order is a good choice.

Daren