Friday, January 22, 2010

Finding a tandem Frame

For the last two months I have been researching tandem frames. I want one last up-grade that will last for years and years. I hope to create a tandem that will take no more up-grades for a long time (Calfee has a 25 year warranty and great reviews for the Tetra). I was also wondering if it is possible to put a compact on a tandem? I'm also looking for reviews on various drivetrains. FSA makes some cool stuff, but I have read a lot of mixed reviews. The main up-grades I'm looking for- new frame, drivetrain, and new derailleurs. Last year we upgraded to Rolf tandem wheels, Alfa Q tandem fork, new handle bars (Captain and stoker), Rear cassette, saddles, and 2 seat post. If you have any ideas or just wanting to help (Doug I need you) please let me know.

3 comments:

Daren said...

Sorry, I'm not much help with tandem parts. I gave Doug the bag of clothes to sort through. I thought he'd see you sooner than me.

Doug said...

I'll start looking. This snow messed us up on our ride, but I got my three hours of spin classes. Hopefully we can hit the road soon.

Bubba said...

Here is a good link for co-motion bikes. They are about 5 minutes from my house, and they make great tandem bikes.

http://www.co-motion.com/