Thursday, January 29, 2009

Anything New?

I guess or hope we have all been spinning hard, because nobody has posted in over a month. But I'm willing to bet that none of us has put much time in the saddle. I'm happy if I spin three times a week.

I'm posting in an effort to hear the teams thoughts on something? Mindy was saving up to get me a cross bike (summer graduation/ tax return present), but I'm thinking of getting a new tandem frame instead or putting the money to something better (house payment-boring). I'm trying to talk myself and Mindy into the tandem frame, but we will see. I love the black beast, but I would love to have a new (lighter and faster) tandem frame to ride the Tour de Park City (yes, we are going to ride it again) and Lotoja (again) this year. I've been e-mailing co-motion for the last few days trying to decide which frame I want, but I can't decide yet. I will also need to get a new wheel set if I get a new frame. I'm looking at either the Speedster of the Supremo frame set. Any suggestions on wheels (looking for middle range tandem wheels)? Does Roval, Easton, or Mavic make a beefy or tandem Wheel sets? Let me know what you think on the frame or rims.

The tandem (New or black beast) will climb the divide this year (or Mindy will get tossed off in an effort to make it to the top). I can pick her up on the way down.

We signed up today for the Tour de St. George today. We might do the Tandem or I'll do the Century and Mindy will ride the 67, but we'll see in another 2 months.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the cross bike! There is no such thing as a light and un-burly tandem, stop this feutile quest and get a fun bike.

Bubba said...

Both are a good pick. Which one would you use more? If you need me to check out co-motion bikes for you let me know. It is 3 miles from my house. It is a pretty cool bike. I don't know much about the rims though.

Anonymous said...

The tandem with out question. Mindy wants to ride it every weekend, but it would be nice to ride around my class outside all day. Think of the miles I could get then.

Doug said...

Sutt the tandem for sure. I have this great cross bike that you can race on anythime. We would never be riding in the same cat. I feel so bad that I have this bike that doesn't get ridded much. I think there is a beefy enough roval that is used to race cross. I'll get the word from DC tomorrow as we are going skiing. I'm signed up for St. George and looking forward to 100 miles. I have been spinning my butt off. Two spin classes a day. I can't stand the trainer. We did 50 miles a couple of Sat's ago. I'll be going up the divide with you, if we can make it over mirror lake road we can do the divide. I'm for sure in on T de Park city this year as our warm up for L. I love the Supremo frame. I need your bball schedule to come see so games. I'll call. Doug

Suttlemyre Family said...

Thanks for the info guys. I will make it to the top of the divide, ON THE TANDEM(even if it kills me). Way to go Doug on the Spin Classes. You are doing better than the both of us. We are taking the family blog PRIVATE!! If you want to view it email me mindy1204@netzero.net

Thanks MINDY